Online Master of Accountancy Degree (MAcc)
30 Total Credits
100% Online, Flexible
Download a FREE Brochure
It’s full of program details, curriculum, and more.
Make An Investment In Your Future That Could Really Pay Off
Gain A Competitive Edge with Your Master of Accountancy from The University of Scranton
Earning your MAcc online from The University of Scranton will enhance your professional prospects by providing the specialized knowledge that comes with a deeper dive into the principles of accounting and by preparing you to manage the personal wealth that could come with a lucrative career in accounting. As a MAcc student at The University of Scranton’s AACSB-accredited Kania School of Management, you’ll benefit from access to our professional alumni council of practicing CPAs and receive deep discounts on Wiley CPAexcel®, an exam prep tool endorsed by the Big 4 accounting firms.
The University of Scranton’s fully online and flexible degree program enables you to balance your personal and professional responsibilities while gaining the analysis skills and valuable insights to create positive change for organizations in business, health care, education, and more.
- #3 Best Online Master’s Degree In Accounting, 2021 (Best College Reviews)1
- #1 Online Master’s in Accounting, 2018-2019 (The Best Colleges; Accounting Degree Review)2,3
- #15 Online Master of Accountancy & MBA with a Specialization in Accounting based on CPA First-Time Exam Pass Rate, 20184
- 90% employment rate within six months of graduation5
- Top 10% of accountants and auditors earn more than $124,4506
Focus On Soft Skills to Earn Hard Cash
The University of Scranton’s contemporary and rigorous curriculum ensures you graduate with the highly sought-after soft skills – written/oral communications, critical thinking, persuasion, technology/computer skills, and leadership – that are most valued by employers. The University of Scranton also offers the Accounting Bridge Program, which enables you to earn your MAcc degree with any bachelor’s degree, not just accounting. Three online Intermediate Accounting Bridge courses are required. Depending on your undergraduate coursework, an additional online fundamental accounting course may be required.
Courses include Contemporary Managerial Accounting Topics, Effective Accounting Communication, Accounting Ethics, and Contemporary Financial Accounting Topics.
Topics include auditing, taxation and regulations, fraud, data mining, business analytics, and more.
Match Your Purpose with Your Professional Goals
Along with a general studies option, Scranton offers two specializations for your degree.
Prepare to fight back against fraud while gaining the skills necessary for CPA licensure and the Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) test. Our Forensic Accounting courses are continually reviewed by our Accounting Department Professional Alumni Council, so you learn the latest techniques for preventing and detecting fraud. As a forensic accountant, you might work closely with law enforcement institutions, provide courtroom testimony, look for inconsistencies in financial statements, conduct advanced audits, and more.
Learn to harness the power of data while gaining the advanced analytical and computing skills to support financial and managerial accounting.
Plan Your Future with Learning and Leadership
The demand for highly trained accountants is skyrocketing thanks to the increased influence of factors such as globalization, technological advancements, financial regulations, cryptocurrencies, and more. Mastering these intricacies not only takes you beyond the foundational principles of accounting, but also provides you with the deep expertise required for leadership roles in public, private, and government organizations. Plus, the specialized skillset you’ll acquire goes a long way to ensuring long-term job stability and satisfaction.
Top 7 Accounting Jobs for 2021 (Avg. Annual Salary)7
- Auditor ($58,083)
- Information and Technology Accountant ($76,146)
- Financial Analyst ($77,280)
- Forensic Accountant ($80,066)
- Managerial Accountant ($83,240)
- Corporate Controller ($130,226)
- Chief Financial Officer ($321,645)
Download a FREE BrochureGet Started
- “Best Online Master’s Programs in Accounting 2021,” Best College Reviews. Retrieved April 2021 from https://www.bestcollegereviews.org/top/online-masters-accounting/.
- “Top 25 Programs for Master’s in Accounting Online for 2019,” The Best Colleges. Retrieved May 28, 2021, from https://www.thebestcolleges.org/rankings/top-online-masters-in-accounting.
- “Top 40 Best Accelerated Online Master’s in Accounting Degrees,” Accounting Degree Review. Retrieved May 28, 2021, from https://www.accounting-degree.org/best-accelerated-online-masters-accounting.
- “15 Online Master’s Degree Programs in Accounting with the Best CPA Exam First-Time Pass Rates,” Accountingedu.org. Retrieved May 28, 2021, from https://www.accountingedu.org/top-15-masters-degree-programs-in-accounting-for-2018.
- “First Destinations for The College Class of 2017: Findings and Analysis,” National Association of Colleges and Employers. Retrieved April 2021 from https://www.naceweb.org/uploadedfiles/files/2018/publication/report/first-destinations-for-the-class-of-2017.pdf.
- “Accountants and Auditors | Occupational Outlook Handbook,” U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Retrieved April 2021 from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/accountants-and-auditors.htm.
- “Company Salaries,” Glassdoor, Inc. Retrieved April 2021 from https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/index.htm.