Online Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA)
Take Your Education to the Next Level
Download a FREE Brochure
It’s full of program details, curriculum, and more.
47-53 Total Credits
100% Online, Flexible
See the Difference An Online MHA Can Make for You
An aging population, a global pandemic, and advances in medicine that enable people to live longer have shone a bright light on the drastic shortage of highly trained healthcare workers. And with exponential growth expected in the coming years, there are more opportunities than ever for qualified leaders to guide healthcare organizations through the complexities of an industry that now employs 11 percent of American workers and accounts for 24 percent of government spending. As one of the first fully online MHA programs to be accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME), The University of Scranton offers one of the nation’s most highly regarded programs with job placement rates that ensure a positive ROI for your degree.
The University of Scranton’s fully online and flexible degree program enables you to balance your personal and professional responsibilities while gaining the analysis skills and valuable insights to create positive change for organizations in business, health care, education, and more.
- #2 Best Online Master’s in Healthcare Administration for 20211
- Top 10% of MHA holders earn more than $189,0002
- +32% growth rate through 2029, 8X the national average for all occupations2
- #9 Top 20 Certification Programs in Healthcare Management 20203
Your Purpose, Your Program
The University of Scranton offers two degree specializations and an opportunity to earn your online Executive Certificate in Healthcare Administration.
Apply data-driven analytical results to improve efficiencies and outcomes while also influencing healthcare policy.
Work with relief organizations, government agencies, and national and community leaders around the world to care for the world’s most vulnerable populations.
Emphasis on leadership, ethical decision making, and organizational strategy in healthcare management.
The University of Scranton will be boldly driven by a shared commitment to excellence. We will provide a superior, transformational learning experience, preparing students who, in the words of Jesuit founder St. Ignatius Loyola, will “set the world on fire.”Get Started
Learn When and Where It’s Best for You
Whether you’re a recent graduate or are returning to school after taking a break, earning your master’s degree online shouldn’t mean interrupting your career or pushing the pause button on your life. At The University of Scranton, online learning comes at the crossroads of opportunity and flexibility. You’ll be part of a collaborative community of learners and have access to the same student services and networking opportunities as you would on campus to ensure you have the support needed to reach your personal and/or professional goals.
Why Accreditation & Curriculum Should Matter to You
Along with CAHME accreditation, The University of Scranton’s MHA features a contemporary curriculum based on the Healthcare Leadership Alliance competency model developed by the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE). By focusing on 24 core competencies across five critical domains – Communication and Relationship Management, Leadership, Professionalism, Knowledge of the Healthcare Environment, and Business Acumen – you’ll graduate prepared to make a difference for patients and advance to senior management roles.
Prior to specialization, the MHA curriculum is divided into three segments.
Where Can An MHA Take You?
Demand for healthcare administrators will continue to grow, and it makes one thing crystal clear – you need an MHA to remain competitive and maximize your earning potential. Along with gaining the knowledge and skills to confidently make critical decisions, earning your MHA ensures your skillset is flexible, always will be in demand, and can make a tangible difference in the lives of the patients and organizations you serve.
Top 10 Jobs in Healthcare Administration (avg. annual salary)4
- Healthcare Administrator ($69,927)
- Clinical Practice Manager ($71,675)
- Clinical Program Director ($80,876)
- Healthcare Consultant ($78,352)
- Hospital Administrator ($86,824)
- Hospital CEO ($153,358)
- Informatics Manager ($95,746)
- Nursing Home Administrator ($91,756)
- Medical Records Director ($126,899)
- Global Health Administrator ($93,225)
Download a FREE BrochureGet Started
- “Best Online Master’s in Healthcare Administration Degrees 2021,” CollegeChoice.net. Retrieved April 2021 from https://www.collegechoice.net.
- “Medical and Health Services Managers | Occupational Outlook Handbook,” U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Retrieved April 2021 from https://www.bls.gov.
- “Top 20 Certification Programs in Healthcare Management 2020,” Healthcare Management Degree Guide. Retrieved April 2021 from https://www.healthcare-management-degree.net.
- “Salary Data & Career Research Center (United States),” PayScale, Inc. Retrieved April 2021 from https://www.payscale.com.