Online Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA)
Make A Data-Driven Decision & Earn Your MSBA Online
Take Your Education to the Next Level
Take advantage of the world’s growing dependence on big data with an MSBA that prepares you to use descriptive, prescriptive, and predictive analytical tools to solve business problems. Scranton’s MSBA is delivered through the AACSB-accredited Kania School of Management and carries a STEM designation from the Department of Homeland Security. As part of the program, you’ll develop a robust knowledge base with a focus on employing technical tools and advanced methodologies to manage and transform data into informed business decisions.
The University of Scranton’s fully online and flexible degree program enables you to balance your personal and professional responsibilities while gaining the analysis skills and valuable insights to create positive change for organizations in business, health care, education, and more.
30 Total Credits
GRE/GMAT Not Required
Request More Information
Note: All fields required.
What You’ll Learn
You’ll master a variety of analytical methodologies and gain a comprehensive understanding of data-driven business solutions as you build a repertoire of business analytic skills. Designed for real-world, practical applications, the curriculum enables you to analyze inefficient business practices, produce data-informed proposals to improve business processes, and explore the ethical applications of big data, the Internet of Things, and artificial intelligence.
Your primary focus throughout the program will be the three core business analytics skills.
Learn When and Where It’s Best for You
Whether you’re a recent graduate or are returning to school after taking a break, earning your master’s degree online shouldn’t mean interrupting your career or pushing the pause button on your life. At The University of Scranton, online learning comes at the crossroads of opportunity and flexibility. You’ll be part of a collaborative community of learners and have access to the same student services and networking opportunities as you would on campus to ensure you have the support needed to reach your personal and/or professional goals.
What Can You Do with An MSBA?
Big data was just beginning to cause a revolution when the Harvard Business Review gave it sex appeal back in 2012.4 An essential part of this revolution is the cadre of highly skilled individuals who can effectively mine the data to extract value and produce business insights. And that’s just one reason why data scientist is #6 on the list of Best Jobs in America in 2021.5 As the volume and complexity of data streams increase, companies are placing a premium on the talent needed to integrate analytics into their business strategy. This means the “winners” in the big data race will be those with the prowess businesses need to succeed in the 21st century.
Top 11 Data Analytics Jobs (avg. annual salary)6
- Business Intelligence Analyst ($95,838)
- Data Analyst ($75,253)
- Data Scientist ($91,494)
- Data Engineer ($90,963)
- Quantitative Analyst ($82,879)
- Data Analytics Consultant ($78,264)
- Operations Analyst ($67,353)
- Marketing Analyst ($66,571)
- Project Manager ($73,247)
- IT Systems Analyst ($68,807)
- Transportation Logistics Specialist ($60,387)
Business Analytics Certificate is Available
You’ll master a variety of Ideal for those striving to enter the field of business analytics for the first time or enhance their career with a highly sought set of skills, the Business Analytics Certificate delivers technology skills and data expertise. You may complete all four courses required for this program in 8 months.
Why the Online Master’s in Business Analytics?
- Learn in an innovative online environment
- Flexible course options to fit your schedule
- Courses taught by highly qualified faculty
- Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics is available
- No GRE/GMAT score required
The University of Scranton will be boldly driven by a shared commitment to excellence. We will provide a superior, transformational learning experience, preparing students who, in the words of Jesuit founder St. Ignatius Loyola, will “set the world on fire.”
Request More Information
- “Analytics Comes of Age,” McKinsey Analytics. Retrieved April 2021 from https://www.mckinsey.com.
- “Fastest Growing Occupations | Occupational Outlook Handbook,” U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Retrieved April 2021 from https://www.bls.gov.
- “Data Scientist Salary,” ZipRecruiter, Inc. Retrieved from April 2021 from https://www.ziprecruiter.com.
- “Data Scientist: The Sexiest Job of the 21st Century,” Harvard Business Review. Retrieved April 2021 from https://hbr.org.
- “The Best Jobs in America in 2021,” U.S. News & World Report L.P. Retrieved April 2021 from https://money.usnews.com.
- “Company Salaries,” Glassdoor, Inc. Retrieved April 2021 from https://www.glassdoor.com.