100% Online MS in Finance — AACSB Accredited
Level Up Your Finance Career
Take Your Education to the Next Level
The online Master of Science in Finance from The University of Scranton speaks volumes about your experience and dedication to ethical practice before you say a word. Our curriculums align to Jesuit values — you develop a sincere sensitivity to the ethical, socially responsible, and sustainable aspects of a global society — values that became the new standard in the financial world. Additionally, we’re AACSB Accredited. Held by less than 5% of business schools in the world, The Kania School of Management is proud of this prestigious accreditation.
The University of Scranton’s fully online and flexible degree program enables you to balance your personal and professional responsibilities while gaining the analysis skills and valuable insights to create positive change for organizations in business, health care, education, and more.
Bloomberg Terminals Certification
As you approach graduation, you’ll have the option, at no additional cost, to earn the Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) Certificate, a 10-hour self-paced training on the Bloomberg terminal in areas of Economics, Equities, Fixed Income, Currencies, and Commodities.
$965 Per Credit Hour
Download a FREE Brochure
It’s full of program details, curriculum, and more.
Easily Land Your Preferred Position
Dedicated specifically to professionals who commit themselves to excellence in the finance industry, The University of Scranton’s online MSF delivers a modern education that builds a strong foundation in hard-to-find financial skills. It provides a program that is focused on the combination of ethics, technologies, and financial analysis and is rooted in the rigor of the Jesuit tradition. As you gain an understanding of the CFA Institute’s 10 areas of focus, such as quantitative methods, corporate finance, derivatives and more, you’ll become prepared to lead: your career, your team, and your company, in as few as 12 months.*
Upon graduation, you’ll be prepared to earn the Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) credential, the most respected and recognized investment management designation in the world. You can get free prep material on Wiley CFA Exam Review when you select to take two CFA Exam prep courses as electives.
Here are a few of the courses included in this program:
Learn When and Where It’s Best for You
Whether you’re a recent graduate or are returning to school after taking a break, earning your master’s degree online shouldn’t mean interrupting your career or pushing the pause button on your life. At The University of Scranton, online learning comes at the crossroads of opportunity and flexibility. You’ll be part of a collaborative community of learners and have access to the same student services and networking opportunities as you would on campus to ensure you have the support needed to reach your personal and/or professional goals.
Career Outlook: Steady Growth and Rewarding Salaries
Employment in business and financial operations occupations is projected to grow 8 percent from 2020 to 2030, about as fast as the average for all occupations, adding about 750,800 new jobs.1 The median annual wage for business and financial occupations was $72,250 in May 2020, which was higher than the median annual wage for all occupations of $41,950.1
2021 Average Mean Salaries
- Personal financial advisors $89,3302
- Financial managers $134,1803
- Financial examiners $81,4304
- Financial analysts $83,6605
- CFOs $137, 3906
The University of Scranton will be boldly driven by a shared commitment to excellence. We will provide a superior, transformational learning experience, preparing students who, in the words of Jesuit founder St. Ignatius Loyola, will “set the world on fire.”
Sources and Disclaimer
- “Business and Financial Occupations,” Occupational Outlook, Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor. Retrieved on November 22, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/home.htm.
- “Personal Financial Advisors,” Occupational Outlook, Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor. Retrieved on November 22, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/personal-financial-advisors.htm.
- “Financial Managers,” Occupational Outlook, Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor. Retrieved on November 22, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/financial-managers.htm.
- “Financial Examiners,” Occupational Outlook, Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor. Retrieved on November 22, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/financial-examiners.htm.
- “Financial Analysts,” Occupational Outlook, Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor. Retrieved on November 22, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/financial-analysts.htm.
- “Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Salary,” Payscale.com. Retrieved on November 23, 2021, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Chief_Financial_Officer_(CFO)/Salary.
*Students may finish within 12 months period with a full-time focus.